Want to know more about our new Club Chair?
Willie Sutherland took the time recently to answer a few questions to help us get to know him a little better
- Name Willie Sutherland
- Current role(s) at Whitemoss AAC Endurance Coach, Field Official, Committee Member and Chair of Trustees
- History with Whitemoss AAC When my younger daughter joined Whitemoss AAC in 2007 I volunteered as a parent helper. I then became a coach and official and eventually more involved with the organisation of the club.
- Favourite sportsperson Andy Murray because of his attitude to sport. When he loses he does not blame the equipment, the officials or the weather. He says to himself 'what do I have to do to improve my game and compete with the top players?'
- Favourite sporting moment Watching Scotland qualify for the World Cup in West Germany by beating Czeckoslavakia at football. Going on to play Zaire, Yugoslavia and Brazil in the finals. Where are those countries now!!
- Favourite pastime As well as distance running, I do enjoy solving puzzles - sudoku, crossword or jigsaw!!
- Favourite movie or book Monty Python's The Life of Brian - classic.
- What would you put into Room 101? People who do not appreciate what they have but focus instead on what they don't have! Be positive. Be happy.